Mumbai Sandwich Masala – Unique and easy Indian spice mix to sprinkle over Indian sandwiches
What is Mumbai Sandwich Masala?
Sandwich masala is a spice blend that is sprinkled over a famous Indian sandwich called “Mumbai sandwich”. It gives a wonderful and unique flavor to the sandwiches and can be made at home with a few Indian spices.
How to use the masala?
How long can I store it for?
It should be stored in an airtight container. You can store it at room temperature for a month.
You might also like:
Adapted from Tarla Dalal
How to make homemade sandwich masala recipe below:
Homemade Sandwich Masala
- 2 tbsp Cumin Seeds
- 1 tsp Black Peppercorns
- 1 1/2 tsp Cinnamon stick pieces
- 1 tsp Fennel Seeds
- 1 tsp Black Salt
- 1/2 tsp Cloves
- 1/2 tsp Amchoor / Dried Mango Powder
- Dry roast the cloves, peppercorns, cumin seeds, fennel seeds and cinnamon on a medium flame.
- Keep stirring continuously.
- Roast them till golden brown color and leaves a nice aroma.
- Remove from the flame and let them cool completely.
- Grind the roasted ingredients, black salt and amchoor into a fine powder.
- Store in an airtight container.
- Sprinkle this powder on any sandwich and serve.