Moong Dal Tadka Recipe
Hari Chandana P Indian Main
Prep Time: 5 mins | Cook time: 25 mins | Serves: 4
- ½ cup Moong Dal
- 1 medium size Onion, chopped
- 1 Tomato, chopped
- 1 teaspoon grated ginger
- ¼ tsp Turmeric Powder
- 3 Green Chillies
- ¼ tsp Red Chilli Powder
- 1 tsp Cumin Seeds
- 2 tbsp Ghee
- ½ tsp Chopped Garlic
- A pinch of Hing
- 1 Dried Red Chilli
- Coriander leaves for garnish
- Salt to taste
the rinsed moong dal, turmeric powder, chopped tomato, chopped onion and 2 cups of water in a pressure cooker and cook
for 3 – 4 whistles.
- Turn off
the flame and wait until the pressure go off.
- Add little more water, red chilli powder and salt to the dal and simmer for a couple of minutes.
- Heat ghee in a pan for seasoning and add the cumin seeds. Let them splutter.
- Now add the slit green chillies, grated ginger, garlic and broken red chilli and fry for a couple of seconds.
- Add the hing and stir for a couple of seconds. Pour this over the dal and mix well.
- Garnish with coriander leaves and serve hot with rice or roti.
You might also like to check these recipes: