Persimmon Jam Recipe – An easy and delicious Three-Ingredient Jam made with persimmons.
Persimmon / Kaki is a delicious Japanese fruit that can be eaten directly or used in many dishes such as smoothies, salads, salsa and jams. Today’s recipe is a simple homemade jam recipe made with pureed persimmon.
Few More Jam Recipes on the blog:
Persimmon Jam Recipe Video below:
3 Ingredient Persimmon Jam Recipe
An easy and delicious Three-Ingredient Persimmon Jam Recipe with step by step photos and video.
- 1.5 cups Persimmon Puree
- ¾ cup Sugar
- 3 tbsp Lemon Juice
- Combine the measured persimmon puree, sugar and lemon juice in a heavy bottomed pan.
- Mix very well and cook for about 10-15 minutes or till it thickens.
- When it is done, remove from the flame and let it cool completely.
- It will thicken more as it cools.
- Transfer the jam to a jar and store in the refrigerator up to a week.
Calories: 76kcalCarbohydrates: 19gPotassium: 45mgSugar: 18gVitamin A: 410IUVitamin C: 3.6mgCalcium: 2mg
Nutrition values are estimates only.
Tried this recipe?Mention @iamharichandana or tag #blendwithspices!
How to Make Persimmon Jam Recipe with Step by Step Recipes:
- Wash, peel and grind the persimmon into a smooth puree.
- Measure the pureed persimmons and add it to a heavy bottomed pan.
- Add the measured sugar and lemon juice to it and combine well.
- Keep stirring and continue cooking over a medium flame.
- Cook for about 10-15 minutes or till it thickens.
- Remember, the jam will thicken more as it cools.
- When it is done, remove from the flame and allow it to cool completely.
- Store in the refrigerator for a week.
Can this be frozen?
Hari Chandana Ponnaluri says
Yes! you can freeze it for up to 3 months!