Ponnaganti Aaku / Water Amaranth Leaves : 4 cups, chopped
Toor Dal: ¼ cup
Dried Red Chillies : 4 – 6
Mustard Seeds: ½ tsp
Chana Dal : ½ tsp
Urad Dal : ½ tsp
Turmeric Powder : ¼ tsp
Oil: 1 tbsp
Salt to taste
1. Put the rinsed toor dal in a pressure cooker and sprinkle with a handful of water.
2. Pressure cook it for 3 whistles. The important thing for this recipe is the dal should not be overcooked.
3. Heat oil in a pan
and add the mustard seeds, chana dal and urad dal and let them
4. Then add the washed and wet leaves, salt and turmeric powder
5. Combine well and cover with a lid. Allow it to cook on a low
6. When it is cooked, add the cooked toor dal and mix.
7. Switch off the flame and serve with rice or roti.