Bhutte Ka Kees Recipe – Delicious Indore Street Food made with corn, milk, coconut and spices.
What is Bhutte Ka Kees?
Bhutte Ka Kees is a delicious and healthy street food dish from Indore, India. You only need very few ingredients to make this super quick Bhutte Ka Kees. This Indian Street Food is nothing but grated or ground corn cooked with milk and spices and garnished with fresh coconut. You can grate the corn cob or grind the corn kernels to make this dish. This is a perfect savory snack for winters.
Can I use frozen corn?
Absolutely, thaw the frozen corn and grind it to a coarse paste.
Corn kees is a filling snack. It can be served as an evening snack or breakfast with a cup of coffee or tea.
How to make it vegan?
We use milk to prepare the traditional bhutte ka kis. If you are vegan, simply replace the milk with any of your favorite plant-based milk.
It can be stored for a day or two in the refrigerator or up to a month in the freezer.
Step by step instructions:
- Remove the corn kernels from cobs and transfer them to a blender or mixie.
- Grind them into a coarse paste and keep it aside until use. You can also grate the corn cobs with a grater instead of using a blender.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of oil in a pan. Add mustard seeds and cumin seeds and let them splutter.
- Now add the finely chopped green chillies, hing and grated ginger to it and saute for a couple of seconds.
- Now add the coarsely ground or grated corn and turmeric powder to the seasoned ingredients.
- Keep stirring for 2-3 minutes or until the color changes slightly.
- Then add ½ cup of milk and mix it together well.
- Reduce the flame to low.
- Cover the pan with a lid and let it cook on a low flame until all the milk evaporates.
- When the mixture thickens, remove the lid.
- Add required salt and mix everything well.
- Turn off the flame and add lemon juice and chopped coriander leaves. Mix well.
- Transfer it to serving bowls and garnish with grated coconut and coriander leaves.
- Serve hot with some lemon wedges.
Few more Indian street food recipes:
- Paneer Pav Bhaji
- Masala Pav
- Delhi Aloo Chaat
- Jaipuri Mirchi Bada
- Banarasi Matar Poha
- Bombay Veg Toast Sandwich
- Shakarkandi Chat
- Onion Kachori
- Gujarati Methi Na Gota
- Sweet Lassi
Indori bhutte ka kees recipe video below:
Bhutte Ka Kees Recipe – Indori Savory Corn Snack
- 2 Corn Cobs (I used sweet corn)
- ½ cup Milk
- 2 Green Chillies
- ½ tsp Grated Ginger
- ½ tsp Mustard Seeds
- ½ tsp Cumin Seeds
- ¼ tsp Turmeric Powder
- A big pinch of Hing
- 2 tbsp Oil
- 2 tbsp Grated Fresh Coconut
- 2 tbsp Chopped Coriander leaves / Cilantro
- Salt to taste
- Juice of half a lemon
- Grate or grind the corn into a coarse paste and set aside.
- Heat oil in a heavy bottomed pan. Add the mustard seeds and cumin seeds and let them splutter.
- Then add the hing, finely chopped green chillies and grated ginger and stir for a few seconds.
- Now add the grated corn and turmeric powder and mix.
- Fry until the color changes slightly.
- Now add the milk to it and combine well.
- Cover the pan with a lid and let it cook on a low flame.
- Cook until all the milk evaporates and the mixture thickens.
- Add the salt to it and mix well.
- Turn off the flame and add the lemon juice and coriander leaves. Mix well
- Garnish with grated coconut, coriander leaves and lemon wedges.
- Serve hot as a snack.