Chocolate Quesadilla Recipe – An easy, quick, chocolatey, warm and delicious dessert quesadillas!
Quesadilla, a Mexican dish, is a Tortilla (Mexican corn or wheat flatbread) filled with a savory vegetable filling and cheese and cooked on a griddle. I usually make Quesadillas with different types of fillings such as black beans, vegetables, mushrooms, and lentils.
Now, when I walked into a Tacobell in Madrid, I expected to see only this on the menu. Much to my surprise, I saw the dessert variation of Quesadilla and that really surprised me. At first, I thought it is one of those made-up dishes that didn’t make much sense. However, I was proved wrong immediately after I took a bite. It was irresistible and I couldn’t stop myself from making it at home the same night.
Chocolate Quesadillas are also called Chocodillas in Tacobell and they are warm, quick, delicious, rich and don’t take many ingredients like other desserts.
Moreover, dark chocolate is one of my favorite snacking additives as it is iron-rich and delicious at the same time. That’s not always the case with other iron-rich foods.
Few More Chocolate Recipes on the blog:
- Chocolate Peanut Butter
- Chocolate Lava Mug Cake
- Eggless Chocolate Cake without Oven
- Vegan Avocado Brownies
- Quinoa Chocolate Pudding
- Banana Chocolate Jam
- Chocolate Fruit Custard
How to Make Chocolate Quesadilla Recipe Video below:
Chocolate Quesadilla Recipe
- 2 Whole Wheat Tortillas
- 1/4 cup Dark Chocolate
- Powdered Sugar for Garnishing (optional)
- 1 tsp Butter for roasting (I didn't use)
- Chop the dark chocolate and keep it aside.
- Place a tortilla over a flat surface or pan. Sprinkle two tablespoons of chocolate over half of the tortilla.
- Fold the tortilla in half and cook on both sides until lightly browned.
- You can use little butter or oil to roast them.
- When they are done, remove from the pan and cut in half to make triangles.
- Sprinkle them with some powdered sugar and serve warm!
Mexican Chocodilla Recipe with Step by Step Photos:
- Chop or grate the dark chocolate and keep it aside.
- Place a tortilla over a flat surface.
- Sprinkle two tablespoons of grated dark chocolate over half of the tortilla.
- Fold the tortilla in half to cover the chocolate filling.
- Heat a pan and cook the chocolate filled tortilla or flatbread on both sides until lightly browned. Use some butter or oil to roast if needed.
- When they are browned and cholate is melted, remove from the pan and cut in half to make triangles.
- Sprinkle some powdered sugar on them and serve immediately.