If you are looking for more Eggless Cake Recipes then do check Eggless Strawberry Lamingtons, Eggless Wheat Banana Choco Chip Muffins, Eggless Mango Tutti Frutti Cake, Strawberry Custard Cake, Eggless Dates Cake. Eggless Banana Cake and Orange Tutti Frutti Cake.
How to make Eggless Chocolate Cake on Gas Stove
Prep Time: 15 mins|Cook time: 40 mins| Serves: 6
Author:Hari Chandana P
Recipe type: Dessert
Recipe adapted from here
- ¾ cup All Purpose Flour
- ½ cup Sugar
- ½ cup Milk
- 2 tbsp Cocoa Powder
- 3 tbsp Oil
- ½ tsp Baking Soda
- 1.5 tsp Lemon Juice
- 1 tsp Vanilla Essence
- ¼ tsp Salt
For Chocolate Glaze:
- ¼ cup Powdered Sugar
- ¾ tbsp Cocoa Powder
- ½ tbsp Unsalted Butter
- 1 tbsp Warm Milk
- ⅛ tsp Vanilla Essence
- Fill the pressure cooker / idli cooker / idli pot with sand or salt till 1 inch level. If you are using pressure cooker, do NOT use the whistle and gasket. Do NOT heat the pressure cooker without sand and don’t pour water in the cooker.
- Preheat the cooker for 10 minutes over low flame.
- Meanwhile, combine the milk, vanilla, oil, sugar and lemon juice in a mixing bowl and whisk well.
- Sift the flour, cocoa powder, salt and soda together to ensure even mixing.
- Slowly add the sifted flour to the milk mixture and gently mix until the batter shows no trace of flour.
- Do not overbeat or overmix.
- Quickly pour the batter into the greased tin / vessel.
- Now carefully place the tin inside the preheated cooker and close with a lid.
- Now let it bake on low flame for 30 – 40 minutes or till a toothpick inserted into the middle of the cake comes out clean.
- Remove the cake tin out of the cooker and let it cool for 15 – 20 minutes and then invert.
- Let the cake cool completely.
- To make the chocolate glaze, melt the butter and set aside.
- Whisk the cocoa powder and powdered sugar in a bowl.
- Add the warm milk, vanilla and melted butter to the cocoa mixture and mix until well combined.
- Immediately pour the glaze over the whole cake or each slice.
- Then decorate with sprinkles and cherries.
- If you want to frost the cake, check my Eggless Vanilla Cake with Butter Cream Frosting Recipe
- Serve and enjoy! 🙂
You might also like to check these recipes:
Ramya Kiran says
Egg less and without oven.. Must say, looks absolutely delicious!
Biny's Recipes says
Have to try this….cake looks soft and moist
Sowmya Sundararajan says
Excellent! Will try
Parvathi Malladi says
Can you please give me temperature settings for oven
Hari Chandana P says
You can bake in the preheated oven at 180 degree C for about 25 – 35 mins or till a toothpick inserted into the middle of the cake comes out clean. Happy Baking! 🙂
Looking tasty. Thanks for the recipe.
Hari Chandana Ponnaluri says
Thank you so much! 🙂