Pista Lassi or Pistachio Lassi Recipe – Easy, rich and delicious Indian Lassi made with yogurt, pistachios and cardamom. A great drink for a sunny afternoon!
What is Lassi?
Lassi is a traditional Indian beverage made mainly with yogurt. There are many traditional and modern variations of making sweet lassi and salt or savory lassi.
What is Lassi made of?
It can be made with a wide range of ingredients. The base of the drink is yogurt. Spices, fruits, or herbs can be added to give taste and flavor to the drink. Fruits such as fresh mangoes, bananas, papaya, and berries can be added as well.
What is Pista Lassi made of?
As the name suggests, the ingredients of the beverage are pistachios, yogurt, milk, cardamom and sugar.
How long does Pistachios Lassi last?
It tastes best on the same day it is made. However, you can store it in the refrigerator for up to 2 days.
Tips to Make the Best Pistachio Lassi Recipe:
- Always use fresh yogurt.
- Use cardamom seeds or freshly ground cardamom powder for the best flavor.
- Adjust the sugar quantity according to your taste.
- Always serve chilled.
- The quantity of milk depends on the yogurt thickness. Adjust accordingly.
- A pinch of soaked saffron can be added to make Kesar Pista Lassi.
Pista Lassi Recipe with Step by Step Photos:
- Measure and take ¼ cup of pistachios to a blender jar.
- Collect cardamom seeds and discard the pods.
- Add the cardamom seeds to pistachios and grind them to a powder.
- Reserve a teaspoon of pista and cardamom powder for garnishing if needed.
- Add yogurt, milk, sugar and ice cubes to the same jar.
- Blend until everything is well combined and frothy.
- Pour the blended lassi into glasses.
- Garnish with reserved pistachio powder and chopped pistachios.
- Serve chilled.
Few Lassi Recipes on the blog:
- Mango Gulkand Lassi
- Avocado Sweet Lassi
- Mango Kesar Lassi
- Gulkand Lassi
- Banana Lassi
- Papaya Lassi
- Salted Cucumber Lassi
Haven’t subscribed to my channel yet? Subscribe Now to my YouTube channel for video updates!
How to Make Pista Lassi Recipe with Video below:
Pista Lassi Recipe
- 1 cup Yogurt
- ½ cup Milk
- ¼ cup Pistachios
- 7 units Cardamom Pods
- 2 to 3 tbsp Sugar
- Ice Cubes
- Grind pistachios and cardamom seeds to a powder using a blender or mixie.
- Reserve a teaspoon of the ground pistachios for garnishing.
- Add yogurt, milk, sugar and ice cubes to the ground pistachios.
- Blend everything well.
- Pour into glasses and garnish.
- Serve immediately.
Nutrition values are estimates only.
Leave a Reply