Kesar Mango Lassi Recipe – Creamy, rich and refreshing traditional Indian sweet drink made with yogurt, mangoes, cardamom, saffron and nuts.
What is Kesar Mango Lassi?
Mango lassi is a traditional sweet drink made in Indian and Pakistan. It is made with fresh and thick yogurt, fresh mango and is flavored with cardamom and saffron. The consistency of the Indian mango lassi is very similar to a smoothie. It is one of the world’s popular Indian recipes.
We make so many Indian mango dishes when they are in season. Please check the below recipes if you need some of them.
You can also make this lassi into popsicles, check my Mango Lassi Popsicles Recipe.
Can I use canned mango pulp instead of fresh mangos?
You can use store-bought mango pulp in this recipe. Just use ½ cup of pulp instead of 1 cup of fresh mango cubes.
How to Make Vegan Mango Lassi?
Just replace the yogurt with any plant-based yogurt like almond milk yogurt or soy yogurt. Also, replace milk with a tablespoon of hot water to soak the saffron.
I love it when it is served on hot summer afternoons. It can also be served as a dessert, snack or breakfast.
If you are looking for more lassi recipes then do check the below recipes.
Few More Lassi Recipes on the blog:
How to Make Mango Kesar Lassi Recipe below:
Kesar Mango Lassi Recipe
- 1 cup Mango chopped
- ½ cup Thick Yogurt
- ¾ cup Water
- 1 tbsp Milk
- 2 tbsp Sugar or as needed
- 8-10 Strands Saffron
- A big pinch of Cardamom Powder
- A few Ice cubes
- Almonds or Pistachios for Garnish
- Soak the saffron in a tablespoon of hot milk for 5 minutes and crush it well.
- Take the yogurt, mango, saffron milk, cardamom powder and sugar in a blender.
- Blend until smooth and creamy.
- Add water and ice cubes and blend until well combined.
- Pour the lassi into glasses and garnish with almonds or pistachios.
- Serve immediately.
Nutrition values are estimates only.