What is Avocado Lassi?
Avocado Lassi is an innovative Indian style sweetened drink made with yogurt, avocado, sugar and cardamom. It is one of the Indian fusion recipes using avocados.
How to make vegan avocado lassi?
Simply replace the yogurt with any plant-based yogurt like almond milk yogurt or soy yogurt to make the drink vegan-friendly.
Can I store it in the refrigerator?
You can chill it in the refrigerator or freezer for some time. But if you want to store for a longer time, it will oxidize.
It is perfect to serve on hot summer afternoons. It can also be served as a dessert, snack or breakfast.
- Always try to use fresh yogurt for the best taste.
- The consistency of the drink should be thick. The water quantity depends on the thickness of yogurt. Adjust the water accordingly.
- Use ripe avocados only.
- Do not skip adding cardamom. It gives the authentic Indian flavor.
- If possible use chilled water and chilled yogurt to avoid many ice cubes. It helps to maintain the lassi consistency.
Step by step preparation:
- Using a knife cut the avocado in half lengthwise around the pit. Gently twist the two halves apart and remove the pit.
- Scoop out the avocado and discard the peel.
- In a blender or food processer, add avocado, yogurt, cardamom powder and sugar and blend until creamy.
- Add the required water to it and blend it again.
- Add more water to adjust the consistency.
If you are looking for more Indian beverages then do check the below links.
Indian Drink Recipes:
- Mango Mastani
- Nimbu Chai
- Gulkand Lassi
- Mango Kesar Lassi
- Nungu Rose Milk
- Mohabbat Ka Sharbat
- Nungu Paal
How to make Avocado Lassi Recipe below:
Avocado Lassi Recipe
- 1 cup Ripe Avocado
- 1 cup Yogurt
- 1 to 1.5 cups Cold Water
- ¼ tsp Cardamom Powder
- 2 tbsp Sugar or as needed
- Take the avocado, yogurt, cardamom powder and sugar in a blender and blend until creamy.
- Add water and blend until well combined.
- If you want a thin consistency, adjust the amount of the water.
- Pour it into glasses and add ice cubes.
- Garnish with chopped nuts and serve chilled.