If you are looking for more festival recipes then do check Poornam Boorelu, Bobbatlu, Rava Pulihora, Rava Payasam, Pesara Garelu, Javvarisi Payasam, Lemon Rice, Kova Kajjikayalu and Sesame Mawa Laddu.
And here’s a full list of Varalakshmi Vratham Recipes.
Semiya Chintapandu Pulihora / Vermicelli Pulihora
Prep Time: 5 mins | Cook time: 15 mins | Serves: 2
Author:Hari Chandana P
Cuisine: South Indian
Recipe type: Breakfast
- 1 cup Vermicelli / Semiya
- Gooseberry sized Tamarind (approx. ½ tbsp)
- 2 Green Chillies or as needed
- 2 Dried Red Chillies
- ¾ tsp Mustard Seeds
- ½ tbsp Chana Dal
- ½ tbsp Urad Dal
- 1.5 tbsp Peanuts
- 1 Sprig Curry Leaves
- ⅛ tsp Hing
- ¼ tsp Turmeric Powder
- 1.5 – 2 tbsp Oil
- Salt to taste
- Soak the tamarind in water for sometime. Squeeze the extract out of it and set aside.
- Bring 3 cups of water to a boil. Add the vermicelli and let it cook for 4 minutes or until soft.
- When the vermicelli is cooked, turn off the flame and strain.
- Rise the cooked vermicelli with cold water and strain the water completely.
- Spread the vermicelli on a wide plate and set aside.
- Heat oil in a pan. Add the mustard seeds, chana dal, urad dal and peanuts and fry them until golden brown color.
- Add the slit green chillies, red chillies, curry leaves and hing and saute for a few seconds.
- Then add the turmeric powder and tamarind extract to it.
- Cook the mixture until oil gets separates.
- Add the salt and mix. Turn off the flame.
- Combine the cooked vermicelli and tamarind mixture well and serve.
You might also like to check these recipes: