Sweet Potato Podi Curry Recipe – Andhra style sweet potato stir-fry seasoned with Andhra traditional curry powder or spice powder. A great side dish for rice.
Chilakadadumpa Podi Kura is a simple Andhra style stir-fry seasoned with freshly ground spice powder. It can be served great with rice or roti. The spice powder can be made in bulk and stored for a month or two. This is one of the quick and easy sweet potato recipes that can be done in 15-20 mins.
More Indian Sweet Potato Recipes:
- Ranga Alur Puli Pithe
- Sweet Potato Kuzhambu
- Sweet Potato Halwa
- Sweet Potato Chaat
- Sweet Potato Curry with Ginger & Chillies
If you are looking for more Andhra traditional recipes check the below recipes
Few More Andhra Recipes on the blog:
- Vankaya Pachadi
- Gongura Pappu
- Pesara Garelu
- Kobbari Kova Kajjikayalu
- Gutti Vankaya Podi Kura
- Dosakaya Koora
- Senagapappu Payasam
- Dondakaya Kobbari Karam
How to Make Sweet Potato Podi Curry Recipe below:
Chilakada Dumpa Podi Koora Recipe
- 2 cups Sweet Potatoes chopped
- 1/4 tsp Mustard Seeds
- 1/2 tsp Urad Dal
- 1/2 tsp Chana Dal
- 1 Sprig Curry Leaves
- 1 tbsp Oil
- 1/8 tsp Turmeric Powder
- Salt to taste
For Curry Powder
- 1 tsp Coriander Seeds
- 2 tsp Chana Dal
- 1 tsp Urad Dal
- 3-4 Dried Red Chillies or as needed
- 1 tbsp Dry Coconut
- 1/2 tsp Oil
- To make the curry powder, heat 1/2 teaspoon of oil in a pan.
- Add the coriander seeds, chana dal and urad dal and roast them on a medium flame till they are a golden brown color.
- Remove from the pan and keep it aside.
- In the same pan, add and fry the red chillies for a few seconds and set aside to cool.
- Grind the roasted ingredients and coconut to a powder and keep it aside.
- Wash, peel and chop the sweet potatoes and soak them in water till use.
- Heat a tablespoon of oil in a pan. Add the mustard seeds, urad dal and chana dal and let them splutter.
- Then add the curry leaves and drained sweet potatoes to it.
- Add salt and turmeric powder and combine.
- Saute for a couple of minutes.
- Cover the pan with a lid and let it cook until the pieces are soft. Sprinkle little water if needed.
- When it is done, add the prepared curry powder and mix everything.
- If it is too dry, sprinkle a very little water and saute for a couple of minutes.
- Turn off the flame and serve hot with rice or roti.