Gutti Vankaya Koora Podi / Stuffed Eggplant Curry Recipe
- 15 Small Brinjals / Eggplants
- 3 tbsp Oil
- 2 tsp Coriander Seeds
- 1.5 tbsp Chana Dal
- 2 tsp Urad Dal
- 1 tsp Oil
- 6 Dried Red Chillies
- 2 tbsp Dry Coconut
- Salt as needed
- Heat a teaspoon of oil in a pan and add the coriander seeds, chana dal and urad dal and fry them on a medium flame till they are golden brown color.
- Remove them from the pan and set aside to cool down.
- In the same pan, add and fry the red chillies for minutes.
- Grind the roasted ingredients, dry coconut, salt and roasted red chillies into a fine powder and set aside.
- Wash the eggplants and make a plus (+) slit on the bottom of the eggplant. Keep one end intact.
- Now fill the stuffing powder into the brinjals.
- Heat oil in a wok. Place the stuffed eggplants carefully into the wok and cover it with a lid.
- Let it cook on a low – medium flame. Keep checking in between and turn the brinjals a little until they are evenly cooked.
- When they are soft, turn off the flame.
- Serve hot with rice and ghee.
You might also like to check these recipes:
- Vazhakkai Podimas
- Capsicum Besan Curry
- Palak Aloo Gravy
- Mulai Keerai Kootu
- Beerakaya Pesara Pappu
- Gujarati Dal
- Miriyala Pulihora
- Chakra Pongali