Palathalikalu Recipe for Vinayaka Chaturthi
Preparation & Cooking Time : 25 - 30 mins
Serves: 4 persons
Milk : 4 cups
Rice Flour : 1/2 cup + 1 tsp
Sugar : 1/2 cup or to taste
Fresh or Frozen Grated Coconut : 1/4 cup
Cardamom Powder : 1/2 tsp or A pinch of cooking camphor
Ghee : 2 tsp
1. Combine the rice flour and a teaspoon of ghee in a wide bowl. Add boiling water little by little to the flour, mix very well with a spatula and make a soft dough.
2. Allow it cool for a couple minutes then knead it well.
3. The dough should be soft and smooth. Grease your hands with little ghee and divide the dough into small balls & shape into long strips.
4. Take a wide vessel and bring milk to boil. Add the sugar and cardamom powder and allow it to boil for a couple of minutes.
5. Now add the dough strips to the boiling milk and cook for 10 - 15 minutes.
6. Dilute a teaspoon of rice flour in a little water and set aside. Now add the coconut and diluted rice flour mixture to the milk and cook for 3 -5 minutes and switch off the flame.
- You can also check other Sweet recipes here
- Check out other recipes of Rice Flour here
- Back to Recipe Index