Eggless Jowar Flour Chocolate Peanut Cookies Recipe:
Preparation & Cooking Time : 40 minsMakes about 20 -22 cookies
Sorghum Flour / Jowar Flour: 1 cup
Unsalted Butter: 1/2 cup, softened
Unsweetened Cocoa Powder: 2 tbsp
Sugar: 1/2 cup
Peanuts: 1/2 cup
About 2-3 tablespoons of milk or as needed
A pinch of salt
1.To toast the peanuts, preheat the oven to 180 degree C. Spread the peanuts on a baking tray and bake them for 8 - 9 minutes.
2. Remove from the oven and allow them to cool. Rub the peanuts between yours palms to remove the skins. Grind the nuts coarsely and set aside.
3. Grind the sugar into a fine powder and set aside.
4. Preheat the oven to 180 degree C.
5. Sieve / mix the flour, cocoa powder and salt together and set aside.
6. In a bowl, combine the softened butter and powdered sugar and beat it until light and fluffy.
7. Add the mixed flour to the butter mixture and mix everything. Then sprinkle the milk little by little over it and mix it well to make a dough. The dough should be very soft.
8. Divide the dough into 20 - 22 equal sized balls and press the each ball between your palms.
9. Place them on a baking tray spacing about 1 inch apart.
10. Bake the cookies in the preheated oven for 15 - 18 minutes at 180 degree C.
11. Then remove them from the oven and let them cool down for 2-3 minutes before taking them of the baking tray. They will be soft when taken out, but will firm up once they cool.
12. Place them on a wire rack to cool. Store in an airtight container.