Raspberry Chocolate Jam Recipe – Super simple, rich, decadent and easy homemade spread made with raspberries and dark chocolate. It tastes SO good on toast, waffles, with yogurt and the options are endless!
Raspberry chocolate jam is a super simple and easy spread that can be made at home with 4 ingredients. This recipe doesn’t require pectin.
It is so rich, decadent and versatile and perfect for gifting as well.
Can I use frozen raspberries?
Definitely! I have used fresh raspberries here but frozen ones would work equally well.
Can I use chocolate chips?
Yes! Use the same amount of dark chocolate chips.
How long does it last?
If you store it properly in the refrigerator, it keeps well for up to a week or two.
If you want to store it for longer, freeze it for up to 3 months.
Can I make a seedless version?
Mix raspberries and sugar and heat until the sugar melts fully. Sieve it through a mesh to get rid of all the seeds. Add the liquid back to the pan. Add lemon juice to it and continue the same cooking process.
This raspberry spread is so versatile and can be served in many ways.
You can serve it with toast, waffles, yogurt, oatmeal, croissants and pancakes etc.
Roughly chop the dark chocolate and keep it aside.
Place a plate or cup in the freezer before starting the cooking process. You will need this to test the jam consistency later.
Combine the raspberries, sugar and lemon juice in a pan.
Mix it well over a medium flame.
Gently mash the berries while stirring constantly.
Let it cook over the medium flame for about 10 minutes or until it thickens.
Once it is thick, turn off the flame and test the jam consistency.
Place a small spoonful of jam on the chilled plate and draw your finger through it. If it stays apart, it is done.
If the jam is runny, cook for some more time until it reaches the right consistency.
Immediately add the chopped chocolate to the raspberry mixture and mix until well combined.
Let it cool for sometime and transfer it to a jar.
Store in the refrigerator.
You’ll love these recipes:
- 3 Ingredient Persimmon Jam
- Chocolate Sandwich
- Chestnut Chocolate Spread
- Avocado Brownies
- Peanut Butter Strawberry Sandwich
- Cherry Turnovers
More raspberry recipes for you!
Raspberry chocolate jam recipe video below:
Chocolate Raspberry Jam Recipe
- 1.5 cups Raspberries
- ¾ cup Sugar
- 1 tbsp Lemon Juice
- ⅓ cup Chopped Dark Chocolate (atleast 70% cocoa)
- Chop the dark chocolate and set aside until use.
- Place a plate in the freezer to the jam consistency.
- Combine the raspberries, sugar and lemon juice in a pan.
- Mix everything well and let it cook on a medium flame.
- Lightly mash the berries using a spoon or spatula.
- Let it cook for 10 minutes or until it thickens.
- To test the doneness, turn off the heat place a small spoon of jam on the chilled plate. Draw your finger through the jam. If it stays apart, it is done.
- Once it is done, add the chopped dark chocolate to the berry mixture and mix it well.
- No need to turn on the heat.
- Let it cool down and store in the refrigerator for up to a week or two.
Nutrition values are estimates only.