Hotel Style Coconut Chutney Recipe – An easy, delicious and famous hotel style coconut chutney from South India. A classic side dish for idli, dosa, vada, pongal and upma.
Few More Chutney Recipes on the blog:
- Desiccated Coconut Chutney
- Radish Peanut Chutney
- Carrot Peanut Chutney
- Peanut Coriander Chutney
- Coconut Curry Leaves Chutney
- Onion Tomato Coriander Chutney
- Peanut Mint Chutney
- Potlakaya Nuvvula Pachadi
How to Make Hotel Style Coconut Chutney Recipe:
Hotel Style Coconut Chutney Recipe
A delicious and easy South Indian hotel style coconut chutney for tiffins such as Idli, dosa, upma, pongal or vada.
- 1 cup Fresh Coconut Pieces
- 3 to 4 tbsp Roasted Gram Dal
- 2 to 3 Green Chillies
- 1 inch piece Ginger
- 1 Garlic Clove (optional)
- ¼ tsp Mustard Seeds
- ¼ tsp Urad Dal
- 1.5 tsp Oil
- 1 Dried Red Chilli
- Small Piece of Tamarind
- Few Curry Leaves
- Salt to taste
- A pinch of Hing
- Scrap out the brown layer of the coconut to make white-colored chutney.
- Grind the coconut, roasted bengal gram, garlic, ginger, tamarind, green chillies and salt into a coarse paste.
- Add little water and grind it until smooth or desired consistency.
- Heat oil in a pan for seasoning. Add the mustard seeds and urad dal and let them splutter.
- Add the curry leaves, red chilli and hing and saute for a couple of seconds.
- Pour this over the prepared chutney and mix until well combined.
- Serve this hotel style coconut chutney with idli, dosa, upma and pongal.
Calories: 135kcalCarbohydrates: 12gProtein: 3gFat: 9gSaturated Fat: 6gSodium: 80mgPotassium: 71mgFiber: 5gSugar: 2gVitamin C: 4mgCalcium: 24mgIron: 1mg
Nutrition values are estimates only.
Tried this recipe?Mention @iamharichandana or tag #blendwithspices!
Kousikasa g says
hotel style coconut chutney
as per directions we tried in our house and the chutney
is excellent and really good while taking with dosai and idli
Going to make this soon.. thanks
Hari Chandana Ponnaluri says
Thank you so much! 🙂