Hotel Style Coconut Chutney Recipe – An easy, delicious and famous hotel style coconut chutney from South India. A classic side dish for idli, dosa, vada, pongal and upma.
Few More Chutney Recipes on the blog:
- Desiccated Coconut Chutney
- Radish Peanut Chutney
- Carrot Peanut Chutney
- Peanut Coriander Chutney
- Coconut Curry Leaves Chutney
- Onion Tomato Coriander Chutney
- Peanut Mint Chutney
- Potlakaya Nuvvula Pachadi
How to Make Hotel Style Coconut Chutney Recipe:
Hotel Style Coconut Chutney Recipe
A delicious and easy South Indian hotel style coconut chutney for tiffins such as Idli, dosa, upma, pongal or vada.
Servings: 4 people
- 1 cup Fresh Coconut Pieces
- 3 to 4 tbsp Roasted Gram Dal
- 2 to 3 Green Chillies
- 1 inch piece Ginger
- 1 Garlic Clove (optional)
- 1/4 tsp Mustard Seeds
- 1/4 tsp Urad Dal
- 1.5 tsp Oil
- 1 Dried Red Chilli
- Small Piece of Tamarind
- Few Curry Leaves
- Salt to taste
- A pinch of Hing
- Scrap out the brown layer of the coconut to make white-colored chutney.
- Grind the coconut, roasted bengal gram, garlic, ginger, tamarind, green chillies and salt into a coarse paste.
- Add little water and grind it until smooth or desired consistency.
- Heat oil in a pan for seasoning. Add the mustard seeds and urad dal and let them splutter.
- Add the curry leaves, red chilli and hing and saute for a couple of seconds.
- Pour this over the prepared chutney and mix until well combined.
- Serve this hotel style coconut chutney with idli, dosa, upma and pongal.
Calories: 135kcal | Carbohydrates: 12g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 9g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Sodium: 80mg | Potassium: 71mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin C: 4mg | Calcium: 24mg | Iron: 1mg