Hotel Style Coconut Chutney Recipe – An easy, delicious and famous hotel style coconut chutney from South India. A classic side dish for idli, dosa, vada, pongal and upma.
Few More Chutney Recipes on the blog:
- Desiccated Coconut Chutney
- Radish Peanut Chutney
- Carrot Peanut Chutney
- Peanut Coriander Chutney
- Coconut Curry Leaves Chutney
- Onion Tomato Coriander Chutney
- Peanut Mint Chutney
- Potlakaya Nuvvula Pachadi
How to Make Hotel Style Coconut Chutney Recipe:
Hotel Style Coconut Chutney Recipe
- 1 cup Fresh Coconut Pieces
- 3 to 4 tbsp Roasted Gram Dal
- 2 to 3 Green Chillies
- 1 inch piece Ginger
- 1 Garlic Clove (optional)
- ¼ tsp Mustard Seeds
- ¼ tsp Urad Dal
- 1.5 tsp Oil
- 1 Dried Red Chilli
- Small Piece of Tamarind
- Few Curry Leaves
- Salt to taste
- A pinch of Hing
- Scrap out the brown layer of the coconut to make white-colored chutney.
- Grind the coconut, roasted bengal gram, garlic, ginger, tamarind, green chillies and salt into a coarse paste.
- Add little water and grind it until smooth or desired consistency.
- Heat oil in a pan for seasoning. Add the mustard seeds and urad dal and let them splutter.
- Add the curry leaves, red chilli and hing and saute for a couple of seconds.
- Pour this over the prepared chutney and mix until well combined.
- Serve this hotel style coconut chutney with idli, dosa, upma and pongal.
Nutrition values are estimates only.