if you are looking for more chutney recipes then do check Carrot Peanut Chutney, Radish Peanut Chutney, Carrot Chutney, Peanut Coriander Chutney, Red Chutney, Coconut Curry Leaves Chutney and Onion Tomato Coriander Chutney.
Hotel Style Coconut Chutney Recipe
Prep Time: 5 mins|Cook time: 5 mins| Serves: 3-4
Author:Hari Chandana P
Cuisine: South Indian
Recipe type: Chutney, Side dish
- 1 cup Fresh Coconut Pieces
- 3 – 4 tbsp Roasted Bengal Gram
- 2 – 3 Green Chillies
- 1 inch piece Ginger
- 1 Garlic Clove (optional)
- 1/4 tsp Mustard Seeds
- 1/4 tsp Urad Dal
- 1.5 tsp Oil
- 1 Dried Red Chilli
- Small piece of Tamarind (1/2 tsp piece approx.)
- Few Curry Leaves
- Salt to taste
- A pinch of Hing
- Scrap out the brown layer of the coconut to make white colored chutney.
- Grind the coconut, roasted bengal gram, garlic, ginger, tamarind, green chillies and salt into coarse paste.
- Add little water and grind it until smooth or desired consistency .
- Heat oil in a pan for seasoning. Add the mustard seeds and urad dal and let them splutter.
- Add the curry leaves, red chilli and hing and saute for a couple of seconds.
- Pour this over the prepared chutney and mix until well combined.
- Serve this hotel style coconut chutney with idli, dosa, upma and pongal.
You might also like to check these recipes: