If you are looking for more chutney recipes then do check Carrot Onion Chutney, Peanut Radish Chutney, Mamidikaya Pesara Pachadi, Peanut Coriander Chutney, Radish Chutney, Sorakaya Pachadi and Peanut Mint Chutney.
Carrot Peanuts Chutney Recipe
Prep Time: 5 mins | Cook time: 20 mins | Serves: 3 – 4
Author: Hari Chandana P
Cuisine: South Indian
Recipe type: Side dish
- 1 cup Grated Carrot
- 1/4 cup Peanuts
- 1 Onion medium sized
- 1/2 tsp Ginger, grated
- 3 Dried Red Chillies
- A small piece of Tamarind (approx. 1/2 tsp)
- 2 tsp Oil
- Salt to taste
- 1.5 tsp Oil
- 1/4 tsp Mustard Seeds
- 1/4 tsp Urad Dal
- A pinch of Hing
- A few Curry Leaves
- Heat a teaspoon of oil in a pan. Add and fry the red chillies for few seconds and set them aside.
- Then add the grated carrot to the same pan and saute on a low flame till it shrinks and raw smell leaves. Remove from the pan and set aside.
- In the same pan, add another teaspoon of oil. Add the chopped onion and fry until light brown color.
- Let it cool completely.
- Heat a pan on a medium flame, add and roast the peanuts till they turn brown. Let them cool completely.
- Remove the skin off the peanuts completely.
- Grind the roasted peanuts and red chillies to a powder.
- Add the sauteed carrot, onion, salt, tamarind and ginger and grind everything.
- Add required water and grind to a paste.
- Transfer the chutney to bowl and set aside.
- Heat oil in a pan for seasoning.
- Add the mustard seeds and urad dal and let them splutter.
- When they are brown, add the hing and curry leaves and turn off the flame.
- Add the seasoned ingredients to the chutney and combine.
- Serve with idli or dosa.
You might also like to check these recipes: