Kerala Beetroot Pachadi Recipe
Hari Chandana PIndianSide dish
Prep Time: 5 mins | Cook time: 15 mins | Serves: 4
- 1 cup Beetroot, grated
- ½ cup Thick Yogurt
- Salt to taste
- ⅓ – ½ cup Coconut
- 2 – 3 Green Chillies
- Small piece of Ginger
- ½ tsp Cumin Seeds
- ¼ tsp Mustard Seeds</li>
- ½ tsp Mustard Seeds
- 1 Sprig Curry Leaves
- 1 Red Chilli
- 1 tbsp Coconut oil / cooking oil
- Grind the coconut, mustard seeds, green chillies and cumin seeds into a fine paste. Add little water while grinding, if needed. Keep it aside.
- Cook the grated beetroot with ¼ cup of water and salt till soft.
- Add the ground coconut mixture to it and mix well. Let it cook for another 3 – 4 minutes.
- Turn off the flame and allow it to cool.
- Now add the yogurt and mix well.
- Heat oil in a pan for seasoning. Add the mustard seeds and let them splutter. Then add the curry leaves and red chilli.
- Add the seasoned ingredients to the beetroot mixture and mix well.
- Serve with rice.
You might also like to check these recipes:
Oh so tempting…..
kitchen queen says
delicious yummy pachadi.
Vidya Chandrahas says
Delicious and healthy gravy..lovely colour.
Hamaree Rasoi says
Delicious and lovely colorful looking beetroot yogurt curry. Wonderfully prepared.
srikars kitchen says
Healthy pachadi.. never tried this.. looks perfect..
suhaina aji says
I have have rice if only this pachidid is there..perfectly done dear
Veena Theagarajan says
looks yummy and healthy one
Shama Nagarajan says
perfect and yummy preparation
Supriya Nair says
The Pacchadi looks yummy and the colour is fab. Ideal for Onam Saddhya.