Kerala Beetroot Pachadi Recipe
Hari Chandana PIndianSide dish
Prep Time: 5 mins | Cook time: 15 mins | Serves: 4
- 1 cup Beetroot, grated
- ½ cup Thick Yogurt
- Salt to taste
- ⅓ – ½ cup Coconut
- 2 – 3 Green Chillies
- Small piece of Ginger
- ½ tsp Cumin Seeds
- ¼ tsp Mustard Seeds</li>
- ½ tsp Mustard Seeds
- 1 Sprig Curry Leaves
- 1 Red Chilli
- 1 tbsp Coconut oil / cooking oil
- Grind the coconut, mustard seeds, green chillies and cumin seeds into a fine paste. Add little water while grinding, if needed. Keep it aside.
- Cook the grated beetroot with ¼ cup of water and salt till soft.
- Add the ground coconut mixture to it and mix well. Let it cook for another 3 – 4 minutes.
- Turn off the flame and allow it to cool.
- Now add the yogurt and mix well.
- Heat oil in a pan for seasoning. Add the mustard seeds and let them splutter. Then add the curry leaves and red chilli.
- Add the seasoned ingredients to the beetroot mixture and mix well.
- Serve with rice.
You might also like to check these recipes: