If you are looking for more chutney recipes then do check sorakaya pachadi, Nuvvula potlakaya pachadi, Toordal Spinach chutney, Kalchina Vankaya pachadi, potlakaya perugu pachadi and Palli Pudina pachadi.
Andhra Mullangi Pachadi / Radish Chutney Recipe
Hari Chandana PIndian, South IndianChutney
Prep Time: 5 mins | Cook time: 15 mins | Serves: 4
- 1 cup Grated Radish
- 1/2 tbsp Coriander Seeds
- 1/2 tbsp Chana Dal
- 1/2 tbsp Urad Dal
- Marble sized Tamarid ball
- 4 – 5 Dried Red Chillies
- 1/4 tsp Fenugreek Seeds
- 1/8 tsp Turmeric Powder
- Salt to taste
- 1 tbsp Oil
- 1/2 tsp Mustard Seeds
- 1/4 tsp Cumin Seeds
- 1/4 tsp Urad Dal
- 1 sprig Curry Leaves
- A pinch of Hing
- 1 tsp Oil
- Soak the tamarind in little water and set aside.
- Heat 1/2 tablespoon of oil in a pan. Add the coriander seeds, urad dal, chana dal and fenugreek seeds.
- Fry them on a medium flame till golden brown color. Remove and keep aside.
- In the same pan, add the red chillies and fry for a few seconds. Remove from the pan and set them aside.
- In the same pan, add another 1/2 tablespoon of oil. Add the grated radish and turmeric powder.
- Saute on a low – medium flame for 5 minutes till the raw smell goes off.
- Cover with a lid and cook for another 5 minutes, or until soft. Sprinkle little water if needed.
- Turn off the flame allow it to cool.
- Grind the roasted coriander seeds mixture to a powder and add the sauteed radish along with tamarind and salt.
- Grind it to a coarse paste by adding water little by little. It shouldn’t be a smooth paste.
- Heat a teaspoon of oil in a pan for seasoning. Add the mustard seeds, cumin seeds and urad dal and allow them splutter.
- When the seeds stop popping, add the hing and curry leaves. Turn off the flame.
- Pour the seasoned ingredients over the chutney and mix well.
- Serve with hot steamed rice, dosa, idli, upma or roti.
You might also like to check these recipes:
- Shahi Paneer
- Methi Sambar
- Radish Moong Dal Sambar
- Eggless Mango Cake
- Vegan Banana Cake
- Chana Chaat
- Kadai Paneer