Roasted Makhana is a healthy and crispy Indian snack using foxnuts or popped lotus seeds. This can be made in 10 minutes with a couple of spices and can be made in bulk and stored in an airtight container. This snack is a great alternative to popcorn.
Few More Snack Recipes on the blog:
How to Make Roasted Makhana Recipe Video:
If you like this recipe of roasted makhana, please consider rating it in the comment section.
Roasted Makhana or Roasted Foxnuts
- 3 cups Phool Makhana / Popped Lotus Seeds / Fox Nuts
- ¼ tsp Turmeric Powder
- ½ tsp Red Chilli Powder or as needed
- ½ tsp Chat Masala or as required
- Black Salt / Rock Salt or use regular salt
- 1 tbsp Oil / Ghee
- In a wide pan, heat the ghee or oil.
- Add the makhana to it and reduce the flame to low.
- Roast them for 10 minutes on a low flame till they become crunchy.
- Then add salt and mix well.
- Switch the flame and add the red chilli powder, turmeric powder and chat masala and combine well.
- Allow them to cool. Store in an airtight container and serve as a snack.
Nutrition values are estimates only.
Makhana Snack Recipe with Step by Step Photos:
- Heat oil or ghee in a heavy bottomed pan and the makhana or foxnuts to it.
- Reduce the flame to low and roast them for about 10 minutes or until they are crunchy.
- Crush the roasted nuts to check the doneness. They should be crunchy. Add salt and combine well.
- Switch off the heat and add the turmeric powder, chat masala and red chilli powder and mix everything well combined. If you feel the spies are not coating well, add a teaspoon of ghee or oil to it and combine.
- Let them cool completely and store in an airtight container.
You might also like to check these recipes: