Jowar Chocolate Cookies are easy and delicious eggless cookies made with sorghum flour, cocoa powder and toasted peanuts.
Few More Eggless Baking Recipes on the blog:
- Vegan Avocado Brownies
- Eggless Strawberry Summer Cake
- Vanilla Crescent Cookies
- Vegan Cardamom Cupcakes
- Eggless Wheat Tutti Frutti Cake
Eggless Jowar Chocolate Cookies Recipe:
Eggless Sorghum Chocolate Peanut Cookies
Easy and delicious eggless cookies made with sorghum flour or jowar flour, cocoa powder and peanuts.
- 1 cup Sorghum Flour / Jowar Flour
- ½ cup Unsalted Butter softened
- 2 tbsp Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
- ½ cup Sugar
- ½ cup Peanuts
- 2-3 tbsp Milk or as needed
- A pinch of Salt
- To toast the peanuts, preheat the oven to 180 degrees C. Spread the peanuts on a baking tray and bake them for 8 – 9 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and allow them to cool. Rub the peanuts between your palms to remove the skins. Grind the nuts coarsely and set aside.
- Grind the sugar into a fine powder and set aside.
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees C.
- Sieve / mix the flour, cocoa powder and salt together and set aside.
- In a bowl, combine the softened butter and powdered sugar and beat it until light and fluffy.
- Add the mixed flour to the butter mixture and mix everything. Then sprinkle the milk little by little over it and mix it well to make a dough. The dough should be very soft.
- Divide the dough into 20 – 22 equal sized balls and press each ball between your palms.
- Place them on a baking tray spacing
- about 1 inch apart.
- Bake the cookies in the preheated oven for 15 – 18 minutes at 180 degrees C.
- Then remove them from the oven and let them cool down for 2-3 minutes before taking them off the baking tray. They will be soft when taken out but will firm up once they cool.
- Place them on a wire rack to cool. Store in an airtight container.
You can use any nuts instead of peanuts.
Nutrition values are estimates only.