Thambittu Unde Recipe – A Traditional South Indian Sweet Recipe
Hari Chandana PIndianDessert
Prep Time: 5 mins | Cook time: 20 mins | Makes: 16 – 18 Laddoos
- 1 cup Raw Rice
- ½ cup Roasted Gram
- ½ cup Raw Peanuts
- 1.5 cups Jaggery, powdered
- 1 ¼ cups Grated Dry Coconut
- 1 tbsp White Sesame Seeds
- 1 tbsp Ghee
- Dry roast the rice until golden brown color and allow it cool.
- Dry roast the peanuts and let them cool completely. Cool and rub the skins off. Grind it to a coarse powder and set aside.
- Dry roast the sesame seeds until light golden color and set them aside.
- Grind the roasted rice along with roasted gram into a fine powder and keep it aside.
- Combine the powdered jaggery and water (approx.½ cup of water) in a heavy bottomed pan.
- Let the jaggery dissolves completely and bring it to a boil.
- Now add the powdered rice mixture, coconut, sesame seeds and coarsely powdered peanuts to it and mix well.
- Add the ghee and keep stirring until the mixture leaves sides of the pan.
- When the mixture becomes like a dough, turn off the heat. Let it cool.
- Shape the mixture into round balls and store in a airtight container.
You might also like to check these recipes: