Korra Biyyam Methi Pulao - Millet Rice with Fenugreek Leaves
Prep Time: 10 mins | Cook time: 15 mins | Serves: 2 - 3
Author: Hari Chandana P
Recipe type: main
- 1 cup Foxtail Millets / Korralu
- 1 cup Fenugreek Leaves, tightly packed
- 2 cups Water
- 1 1/2 cup Chopped Tomato
- 1 cup Sliced Onion
- 4 - 5 Green Chllies
- 3 - 4 Garlic Cloves
- 1 small piece Ginger
- 1 1/2 inch piece Cinnamon Stick
- 3 Cloves
- 2 Cardamom Pods
- 2 tbsp Oil
- 1/2 tsp Cumin Seeds
- A few Cashews
- Salt to taste
- Grind the green chillies, garlic, ginger, cloves, cinnamon and cardamom seeds into a coarse paste and set aside.
- Heat oil in a pressure cooker, add the cumin seeds and cashews and fry them.
- When they are browned, add the sliced onion and saute until golden brown color.
- Add the ground masala paste to it and fry for a minute.
- Now add the washed fenugreek leaves and fry until it wilts.
- Then add the washed and drained millets, tomatoes, salt and 2 cups of water.
- Pressure cook for 3 whistles.
- Serve hot with raita.