Chikkudu Vittanala Pulusu / Indian Broad Beans Pulusu Recipe
- 1/2 cup Indian Broad Bean Seeds / Chikkudu Ginjalu
- 1 Onion, medium sized
- 1 Tomato, medium sized
- Tamarind marble sized ball
- 1 and 1/2 tsp Jaggery
- 1 tsp Rice Flour
- 1 Green Chilli
- 1/4 tsp Turmeric Powder
- 1/4 tsp Mustard Seed
- 1/4 tsp Cumin Seeds
- A pinch of Fenugreek Seeds
- A pinch of Hing
- Red Chilli Powder as needed
- Few sprigs Coriander leaves, chopped
- 1 tsp Oil
- Soak the tamarind in water for 10 minutes. Extract the juice and set aside.
- In a sauce pan, add the broad beans, onion, tomato, turmeric, green chilli and water.
- Cover and cook until they are soft.
|~Chikkudu Ginjala Pulusu, Cucumber Curry, Pudina Rice and Palakura Pappu~|
- When they are soft, add the tamarind extract, salt, red chilli powder and water (adjust to desired consistency).
- Dilute the rice flour in little water add it to the stew.
- Mix everything and let it boil for 8 – 10 minutes.
- Add the chopped coriander leaves and mix well.
- Turn off the flame and keep it aside.
- Heat oil in a pan for seasoning.
- Add the mustard seeds, fenugreek seeds and cumin seeds and let them splutter.
- Then add the hing and stir for a couple of seconds. Pour this over the stew and mix well.
- Serve hot with rice.
You might also like to check these recipes: