Kerala Vellarikka Kichadi Recipe
Prep Time: 5 mins | Cook time: 10 mins | Serves: 2 – 3
Author:Hari Chandana P
Recipe type: Side dish
- 1 cup Cucumber, chopped
- ½ cup Yogurt
- ¼ cup Coconut
- 2 – 4 Green Chillies
- ½ tsp Cumin Seeds
- ¼ tsp Mustard Seeds
- 1 Sprig Curry Leaves
- 1 Dried Red Chilli
- 1 tbsp Coconut Oil
- Wash and peel the cucumber. Remove the seeds and chop it into small pieces.
- Combine the chopped cucumber, water and salt in a vessel and cook till the pieces are soft and transparent. There should be no extra water.
- Grind the coconut, green chillies and cumin seeds to a paste.
- Add the ground coconut to the cucumber and combine. Fry for another 2 – 3 minutes.
- Turn off the flame.
- Add the beaten yogurt and mix well. Adjust the salt.
- Heat oil in a pan for seasoning. Add the mustard seeds and let them splutter. Then add curry leaves and turn off the heat.
- Pour the seasoning over the cucumber mixture and mix well.
- Serve with rice.
You might also like to check these recipes:
- Sharkara Varatti
- Beetroot Pachadi
- Vellarikka Pulissery
- Brinjal Sambar
- Ada Pradhaman
- Banana Chips
- Vazhakka Thoran
- Vendakka Thoran
Aps Prabhu says
Beauty in the pic even though its a simple recipe