Kothimbir Wadi Recipe
Hari Chandana P Indian Snacks
Prep Time: 5 mins | Cook time: 30 mins | Serves: 3
- 1 cup Chickpea flour / besan
- 3/4 cup coriander leaves, chopped
- 3/4 to 1 cup water
- 1 tbsp Rice Flour
- 1 tbsp Lemon Juice
- 1/2 tsp Sugar
- 1 tsp ginger chilli paste
- 2 tsp roasted sesame seeds
- 1/4 tsp turmeric powder
- 1/4 tsp garam masala
- A pinch of hing
- Oil for shallow frying
- Salt to taste
- Mix together the coriander leaves, chickpea flour, turmeric, ginger chilli paste, garam masala, hing, rice flour, salt, sesame seeds and 2 teaspoons of oil in a mixing bowl.
- Add required water (approx. 3/4 to 1 cup) to make a thick batter.
- Pour the batter into a greased bowl and stream cook on a high flame for
20 to 25 minutes or till firm and cooked.
- Insert a knife into the steamed wadi
and if it comes out clean, then it is cooked. Let it cool to room
- Cut into pieces and set aside. Shallow fry the vadis till golden brown and crisp on both sides.
- Serve hot with coconut chutney or green chutney and tea.
You might also like to check these recipes: