Phool Makhane Ki Kheer Recipe
Hari Chandana PIndianDessert
Prep Time: 5 mins | Cook time: 15 mins | Serves: 2
1 cup Fox Nuts / Popped Lotus Seeds / Phool Makhana
- 2 cups Milk
- 3 tbsp Sugar, or as needed
- 4 – 5 Strands of Saffron
- 1 tsp Ghee
- A pinch of Cardamom Powder
- Cashews as needed
- Chop the fox nuts into pieces and set aside.
- Heat ghee in a pan and fry the cashews to golden brown color. Take them out of the pan and set aside.
- In the same pan, add the fox nut pieces and fry for 2 – 3 minutes.
- Add milk to it and let it boil for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, soak the saffron in 2 tablespoon of warm milk and crush it well.
- Add the sugar, saffron milk and cardamom powder to the boiling milk mixture and let it cook for 8 – 10 minutes on a low flame.
- Add the cashews and switch off the flame.
- Serve hot or cold.
You might also like to check these recipes: