If you are looking for more Diwali snack recipes then do check Kara Sev, Banana Chips, Butter murukku, Palak Sev, Namakpare, Aloo Bhujia and Rice Flour Chakli.
And here's a full list of Deepavali Snacks Recipes
Prep Time: 15 mins | Cook time: 15 mins | Makes: 3 cups
- 1 cup Wheat Flour / All purpose flour (I used wheat flour)
- 1 tsp Red Chilli Powder
- 1/2 tsp Cumin Seeds / Carom Seeds
- Salt to taste
- Combine the flour, salt, red chilli powder and cumin seeds in a mixing bowl.
- Add a tablespoon of hot oil to the flour and mix well.
- Make a stiff and smooth dough by adding the water little by little.
- Knead the dough well. Cover with a lid and set aside for 15 - 30 minutes.
- Divide the dough into 7 - 8 balls. Roll the each dough ball into a circle. Using a sharp knife, cut the roti into pieces.
- Heat oil in a pan for deep frying. When it it hot, gently drop the pieces in the hot oil.
- Deep fry them on medium low flame until brown color, turn over to fry on both sides evenly .
- Drain them on paper towels and let them cool completely. Store in an airtight container
- Serve with a hot cup of ginger tea.
You might also love to check these recipes: