South Indian Style Capsicum Besan Curry Recipe Hari Chandana PIndian, south indianSide Dish
Prep Time: 5 mins | Cook time: 15 mins | Serves: 4
- 3 medium sized Capsicum / Green Bell Pepper, de-seeded & chopped
- 2 tbsp Besan / Chickpea Flour
- 1.5 tbsp Oil
- 1 Dried Red Chilli
- 1 Sprig Curry Leaves
- 1/2 tsp Mustard Seeds
- 1/2 tsp Chana Dal
- 1/2 tsp Urad Dal
- 1/4 tsp Turmeric Powder
- 1/2 tsp Red Chilli Powder or as needed
- Salt to taste
- A pinch of hing
- Heat oil in a heavy bottomed pan. Add the mustard seeds, chana dal and urad dal and let them splutter.
- Add the broken red chilli, hing and curry leaves and fry for a couple of seconds.
- Then add the chopped capsicum to it and fry for a minute.
- Add the salt and turmeric powder to it and mix.
- Reduce the flame to low. Cover the pan with a lid and cook until the capsicum pieces are soft.
- Now add the chickpea flour and red chilli powder and fry for 2 - 3 minutes. Adjust the salt and turn off the flame.
- Serve hot with rice and ghee.
You might also like to check these recipes: