Gutti Dondakaya Ulli Karam – All you need is just a few staple ingredients to make this Andhra style onion stuffed tindora curry
Gutti Dondakaya Ulli Karam is a simple and delicious way of cooking tindoras or ivy gourd. It is a traditional Andhra style stuffed curry and nothing but small tindoras stuffed with a simple onion filling which is made with sauteed onion, tamarind pulp and chilli powder.
You really don’t need so many ingredients just a couple of staple ingredients will make the curry delicious.
Try to use the small-sized tindoras or dondakayalu for the best taste.
It can be served along with hot steamed rice.
Few more South Indian recipes you’ll love:
- Kathirikai Rasavangi
- Vazhakka Thoran
- Vazhakkai Podimas
- Menthikura Pappu
- Keerai Sambar
- Hotel Style Coconut Chutney
- Chakkakuru Mezhukkupuratti
- Vankaya Pachadi
- Dosakaya Pappu
- Kalchina Aratikaya Kura
How to make Gutti Dondakaya Ulli Karam recipe below:
Gutti Dondakaya Ulli Karam Recipe
- 20-25 Ivy Gourd
- 2 Onion large sized
- 2 tsp Tamarind Pulp
- 1/4 tsp Turmeric Powder
- Red Chilli Powder as needed
- Salt to taste
- 3-4 tbsp Oil
- Peel and chop the onions into pieces.
- Heat 2 teaspoons of oil in a pan. Add and fry the chopped onions until light brown color. Turn off the flame and let them cool.
- Grind the sauteed onions, turmeric, red chilli powder and tamarind extract into a paste and set aside.
- Wash the ivy gourds and make a plus shape (+) slit. Keep one end intact.
- Now stuff the prepared onion mixture into the ivy gourds.
- Heat oil in a pan and add the stuffed ivy gourds carefully.
- If you have leftover stuffing, add it into the pan.
- Add a little salt and cover with a lid.
- Let it cook over a low flame until soft.
- Keep checking in between and turn the ivy gourds a little until they are evenly cooked.
- Serve hot with rice and ghee.