If you are looking for more Cookies Recipes then do check Coconut Cookies, Wheat Cashew Cookies, Ragi Cookies, Bajra Cookies, Jowar Chocolate Cookies, Tutti Frutti Cookies and Saffron Cookies.
Snowball Cookies Recipe Hari Chandana PWorldCookies
Prep Time: 15 mins | Cook time: 15 mins | Makes: 50 - 60 small cookies
Recipe Reference: Joy of Baking
- 1 and 1/2 cups All purpose flour / Maida
- 1/2 cup Corn Flour / Corn Starch
- 1 cup Unsalted Butter, at room temperature
- 1/4 cup Powdered Sugar
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract or 2 tsp Vanilla Essence
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1/2 cup Powdered Sugar
- In a bowl, whisk together the corn flour, maida and salt. Keep it aside.
- In a mixing bowl, beat the butter and powdered sugar until creamy and smooth.
- Add the vanilla essence and combine well.
- Then add the flour mixture to the butter mixture.
- Mix well until incorporated.
- Cover and refrigerate the dough for an hour or until it becomes firm.
- Preheat the oven to 180 degree C.
- Remove the chilled dough from the refrigerator.
- Roll the dough into 1 inch small balls and place them on a greased baking tray.
- Bake the cookies in a preheated oven for 12 - 15 minutes at 180 degree C.
- Remove from oven and place them on a wire rack to cool for about 3 - 5 minutes.
- While cookies are still warm, roll them in powdered sugar.
- Transfer them to a wire rack and let them cool completely.
- Store in an airtight container.
- If you want, sprinkle the top of the cookies with more powdered sugar before serving.