Eggless Mango Tutti Frutti Cake with Wheat Flour
Prep Time: 10 mins | Cook time: 40 mins | Serves: 6 - 8
Author: Hari Chandana P
Recipe type: Dessert
- 1.5 cups Wheat Flour
- 1 Cup Mango Puree
- 2/3 cup Sugar
- 1/2 cup Water
- 5 - 6 tbsp Tutti Frutti
- 5 tbsp Oil (I used sunflower oil)
- 1.5 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/2 tsp Baking Soda
- 2 tsp Vanilla Essence
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- Preheat the oven to 180 degree C.
- Combine the wheat flour, salt, baking powder and baking soda and sieve this together to ensure even mixing. Keep it aside.
- Grease a 7 inch round cake tin with little oil and set aside.
- Mix the mango puree, water, sugar, vanilla and oil in a mixing bowl and whisk until well combined.
- Add the tutti frutti and mix well.
- Add the sifter flour in 2 batches and gently fold the mixture until the batter shows no trace of flour.
- Don't overbeat or overmix.
- Quickly pour this batter into the greased cake pan.
- Immediately place the cake pan in the preheated oven.
- Bake at 180 degree C for about 38 - 40 minutes or till a tooth pick inserted in the middle of the cake comes out clean.
- Let the cake to cool for about 15 minutes and then invert.
- Let it cool completely and serve.
You might also like to check these recipes: