Aratikaya Allam Mirchi Koora is traditional, simple and flavorful curry from Andhra Pradesh. This curry needs very few ingredients to make and can be served with rice or roti. If you are looking for more Andhra recipes then check the below recipes.
Few More Andhra Recipes on the blog:
- Sorakaya Vadalu
- Gongura Pappu
- Gutti Dondakaya Ulli Karam
- Gutti Vankaya Kobbari Karam
- Mamidikaya Pulusu
- Kalchina Aratikaya Koora
- Pindi Miriyam
- Senagapappu Payasam
How to Make Aratikaya Allam Mirchi Koora Recipe Video Below:
Aratikaya Allam Pachimirchi Koora - Plantain Curry with Ginger & Chillies
- 2 Plantains
- 1.5 tbsp Ginger (2 inch piece)
- 3 - 4 Green Chillies
- ½ tsp Mustard Seeds
- ½ tsp Urad Dal
- ½ tsp Chana Dal
- 1 Dried Red Chilli
- 1 sprig Curry Leaves
- ¼ tsp Turmeric Powder
- 1 - 2 tbsp Oil
- Salt to taste
- Wash, peel and chop the plantains into pieces and set aside.
- Grind the green chillies and ginger into a coarse paste and keep it aside.
- Heat oil in a heavy bottomed pan and add the mustard seeds, chana dal and urad dal. Fry until they are golden brown color.
- Add dried red chilli and curry leaves and saute for a minutes.
- Add the chopped plantains, salt and turmeric powder and saute for a couple of minutes.
- Sprinkle a handful of water on top and cover the pan with a lid.
- Let it cook completely. Sprinkle more water if needed.
- When the pieces are cooked, add the prepared ginger and chilli paste and saute for a couple of minutes.
- Remove from the flame and serve hot with rice and ghee.
Aratikaya Allam Pachimirchi Koora Recipe with step by step photos:
- Add peeled ginger and green chillies to a blender and grind it to a coarse paste without any water.
- Keep the ground ginger and chillies set aside.
- Heat oil in a heavy bottomed pan and add the mustard seeds, urad dal and chana dal.
- Saute them until golden brown color.
- Add washed curry leaves and dried red chilli and saute for one more minute.
- Now add the chopped plantains, salt and turmeric powder to the tempered ingredients.
- Mix well and saute for a couple of minutes.
- Sprinkle a handful of water over the plantain pieces and cover the pan with a lid.
- Let it cook completely over a medium flame. Stir occasionally and sprinkle more water if needed.
- When the plantain pieces are fully cooked, add the prepared ginger and chilli paste.
- Combine and saute for a couple of minutes.
- Turn off the flame and serve hot with rice.