Crispy and flavorful fry using arbi or taro root and spices. An authentic Rajasthani dish for rice.
What is Arbi Ka Saag?
Arbi Ka Saag is a Rajasthani style taro root or colocasia dish. It is a simple and crispy fry made with boiled arbi and spices. There are other variations of arbi fry which I usually make. But this dish is a different one with authentic flavors and one of the easy arbi recipes. The texture of the dish is crispy outside and soft inside. I have adapted the traditional recipe from Rajasthani Cookbook.
If you don’t want to deep fry the vegetable, you can shallow fry them until they are a golden brown color and crispy. Also, do not skip the spices as they give the authentic taste and flavor.
Is Arbi Saag Vegan?
Yes, it is a vegan recipe.
What goes well with Arbi Fry?
It can be served as a starter or side dish with hot steamed rice.
Few more recipes like this:
- Jodhpuri Mirchi Bada
- Aloo Ka Rassawala Shaak
- Seppankizhangu Varuval
- Tindora Coconut Fry
- Punjabi Aloo Beans
- Paneer Capsicum Curry
How to Make Rajasthani Arbi Ka Saag Recipe below:
Rajasthani Arbi Ka Saag Recipe
- 1.5 cups Taro Root boiled, peeled and sliced
- 1/4 tsp Mustard Seeds
- 1/4 tsp Carom Seeds / Ajwain
- 3/4 tsp Red Chilli Powder or as needed
- 3/4 tsp Lemon Juice
- 1/2 tsp Coriander Powder
- 1/8 tsp Turmeric Powder
- Oil for frying
- Salt to taste
- Heat oil in a pan for deep frying or shallow frying.
- Deep fry the boiled taro root slices till they are a golden brown color.
- Drain them on paper towels and set aside.
- Heat a teaspoon of oil in a pan and add the mustard seeds and carom seeds. Let them splutter.
- When the seeds crackle, add the fried taro root, salt, coriander powder, red chilli powder, turmeric and lemon juice and combine until well combined.
- Serve hot with rice.