Aloo Beans Recipe – How to Make Punjabi Potato and Green Beans Stir-Fry. Easy, delicious, simple and vegan curry for rice or roti.
Aloo Beans is a traditional and delicious stir-fry or sabzi of Punjabi Cusine from India. This is one of the simplest curry recipes that require fewer ingredients and preparation. It tastes great with hot steamed rice and soft roti or phulka.
Tips to make the best aloo beans sabzi:
- Always cook the veggies on a slow flame.
- Do not forget to stir while cooking.
- The lemon juice will give the tanginess to the curry. You can replace it with dry mango powder or amchur.
- Make sure you chop the veggies evenly to ensure even cooking.
More Indian curry recipes:
- Mushroom Matar Butter Masala
- Gutti Dondakaya Ulli Karam
- Soya Chunks Gravy
- Baingan Bharta
- Vendakka Thoran
- Aloo Ka Rassawala Shaak
- Aloo Allam Pachimirchi Koora
- Paneer Capsicum Stir Fry
- Vazhakkai Podimas
Step by step instructions:
- Wash, peel and chop the potatoes into dices and keep them aside.
- Wash the green beans and trim the edges. Chop them into 1 inch pieces and set aside.
- Heat oil in a non-stick pan or heavy bottomed pan.
- When the oil is hot, add cumin seeds and let the sizzle.
- Add chopped potatoes and green beans to the pan.
- Combine and saute for a minute.
- Add the coriander powder, turmeric powder, salt and red chilli powder to the veggies and mix everything well together.
- Saute for 2 minutes.
- Now reduce the flame to low and cover the pan with a lid.
- Let it cook on a low flame till the veggies are soft.
- Do not forget to stir in between to prevent them from burning.
- Once the vegetables are cooked, add the garam masala and give it a mix.
- Now turn off the heat and add the lemon juice. Combine well and serve hot with rice or roti.
How to make aloo beans recipe video below:
Punjabi Aloo Beans Recipe
How to Make Aloo Beans Sabzi Recipe with step by step photos and video. A traditional potato and green beans stir-fry of Punjabi Cuisine from India.
- 1 cup Diced Potatoes
- 2 cups Chopped Green Beans
- 1 tsp Coriander Powder
- ½ tsp Garam Masala
- ½ tsp Red Chilli Powder
- ½ tsp Cumin Seeds
- ¼ tsp Turmeric Powder
- 3 tbsp Lemon Juice
- 2 tbsp Oil
- Salt to taste
- Wash, peel and dice the potatoes and set aside.
- Wash and chop the green beans and keep them aside.
- Heat oil in a pan and add cumin seeds. Let them splutter.
- Add diced potatoes and green beans and saute for a minute.
- Add coriander powder, turmeric powder, chilli powder and salt to the veggies and fry for 2 minutes.
- Cover and cook on a low flame till they are soft. Keep stirring in between.
- When they are cooked, add garam masala and give it a mix.
- Turn off the flame and add lemon juice.
- Combine well and serve hot with rice or roti.
Calories: 232kcalCarbohydrates: 23gProtein: 5gFat: 15gSaturated Fat: 2gSodium: 30mgPotassium: 689mgFiber: 6gSugar: 4gVitamin A: 960IUVitamin C: 35.8mgCalcium: 72mgIron: 5.2mg
Nutrition values are estimates only.
Tried this recipe?Mention @iamharichandana or tag #blendwithspices!
Leave a Reply