If you are looking for more festival recipes then do check Undrallu, Kudumulu, Daddojanam, Modak, Paala Undrallu, Rava Kudumulu, Godhuma Undrallu, Rava Modak, Uppu Kozhukattai, Pesara Garelu, Peanut Sundal, Jaggery Rava Kesari, Poornalu and Bobbatlu.
Here’s a full list of Vinayaka Chavithi Recipes.
Paal Kozhukattai with Coconut Milk / Kobbari Pala Undrallu Recipe
Prep Time: 30 mins | Cook time: 15 mins | Makes: 3 – 4
Author:Hari Chandana P
Cuisine: Indian, South Indian
Recipe type: Dessert
For the rice balls:
- ½ cup Rice Flour
- ¼ cup Milk
- ¾ cup Water
- A pinch of Salt
For the sauce:
- ¾ cup + 2 tbsp Coconut Milk
- ½ cup Jaggery
- ¾ cup + ¼ cup Water
- ¼ tsp Cardamom Powder
- Combine the rice flour, ¼ cup of milk, ¾ cup of water and salt in a non stick pan. Mix well to prevent lumps.
- Add a teaspoon of ghee to the rice flour mixture and heat this in a medium flame with constant stirring until it forms a dough consistency.
- Switch off the flame and keep it aside to cool.
- When it is warm enough to handle, add 2 tsp of ghee to it.
- Grease your hands and knead the mixture to make a smooth dough.
- Keep it covered to prevent drying.
- Divide the dough into small round balls.
- Keep covered them until use to prevent them from drying.
- Combine the jaggery and ¼ cup water in a vessel and let the jaggery dissolves completely.
- Strain the jaggery water to remove any impurities.
- Combine ¾ cup of water and jaggery water in a pan and bring it to a boil.
- Slowly add the prepared rice balls to the boiling water.
- Cover it with a lid and let it cook on a medium flame for 5 minutes or until the rice balls float on the top.
- Open the lid and add the cardamom powder.
- Let it simmer for another 2 – 3 minutes.
- Turn off the flame and add the coconut milk to it.
- Mix well until well combined.
- Serve warm or cold.
You might also like to check these recipes: