And here’s a full list of Vinayaka Chavithi Recipes.
Sweet Rice Rava Undrallu Recipe
Hari Chandana PIndianDessert, Snack
Prep Time: 15 mins soaking time | Cook time: 20 mins | Makes: 8 – 10
- ½ cup Rice Rava / Broken Raw Rice (see notes)
- 1.5 cups Water
- ½ cup Jaggery, powdered
- 3 tbsp Grated Fresh Coconut
- 1 tbsp Moong Dal
- 3 Cardamom Pods<
- 1 tsp Ghee
prepare rice rava, wash and soak the raw rice for 15 minutes. Drain it
completely and spread on a paper or cloth to dry them completely.
Coarsely grind the rice in a mixer and then sieve it.
- Soak the moong dal in water for 15 minutes. Drain and set aside.
- Crush the cardamom seeds and set aside.
- Heat a teaspoon of ghee in a heavy bottomed pan. Add the drained moong dal and fry for a minute.
- Then add water (1 and ½ cups) and powdered jaggery to it and mix well.
- Let the jaggery dissolves completely.
- After the jaggery melts, allow it to a rolling boil.
- Once it comes to a boil, add the rice rava, coconut and cardamom powder. Combine well and close with a lid. Reduce the flame to low and let it cook completely. Stir occasionally.
- Switch off the heat and leave it aside to cool.
- Grease your hands with ghee and roll the mixture into round shape balls.
- Arrange them in a greased idli plate and steam cook for 7 – 8 minutes.
- Remove from the flame and allow it to cool. Serve!
You might also like to check these recipes: