And here’s a entire list of Deepavali Sweets and Snacks Recipes
Ganthiya Recipe – Traditional Gujarati Snack
Hari Chandana PIndianSnack
Prep Time: 5 mins | Cook time: 20 mins | Makes: 3 cups
- 2 cups Besan / Chickpea Flour
- 1/2 cup oil for the dough
- 1 tsp Carom Seeds / Ajwain
- 1 tsp Crushed Black Pepper
- 1/4 tsp Baking Soda
- Salt to taste
- Oil for deep frying
- Combine the flour, salt, baking soda, carom seeds and pepper in a mixing bowl.
- Add 1/2 cup of oil to the flour and mix very well.
|Soft, light and puffy textured sev|
- Add 1/2 cup of water to it and gently mix.
- The dough should be sticky.
- Knead the dough for a couple of minutes and set aside.
- Heat oil in a pan for deep frying.
- Take the murukku / sev maker and fit in the big holes disc. Grease the sev make with little oil.
- Take a small portion of the dough and place it in the murukku press.
- Now slowly press the murukku press over the hot oil.
- Deep fry them on a low – medium flame until golden color, turn over to fry on both sides evenly.
- Drain them on paper towels and let them cool completely.
- Break them into pieces and store in an airtight container.
You might also love to check these recipes: