Mushroom Pepper Fry is a spicy South Indian side dish for roti or rice. This mushroom fry recipe is so quick and easy to make and requires very few ingredients.
Few More South Indian Recipes on the blog:
- Carrot Lemon Rice
- Cabbage Pakoda
- Onion Kulambu
- Kathirikai Rasavangi
- Kanchipuram Upma
- Thotakura Sambar
- Cabbage Pappu
South Indian Mushroom Pepper Fry Recipe Video below:
South Indian Mushroom Pepper Fry Recipe
How to Make South Indian style mushroom pepper fry recipe with video. An easy side dish for rice and roti.
- 250 grams Mushrooms
- 3/4 cup Green Bell Pepper
- 1 cup Sliced Onion
- 1 tbsp Chopped Garlic
- 1/2 tbsp Chopped Ginger
- 1 Sprig Curry Leaves
- 1/4 tsp Ground Black Pepper
- 1/4 - 1/2 tsp Turmeric Powder
- 2 tbsp Oil
- Salt to taste
- Clean and slice the mushrooms and set aside.
- Heat oil in a pan and add the slit green chilli, finely chopped garlic, finely chopped ginger and curry leaves. Saute for a few seconds.
- Add the sliced onions to it and saute until they are transparent.
- Add chopped bell pepper and fry for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the sliced mushrooms and turmeric powder and mix. Continue frying for another 2-3 minutes.
- Cover the pan with a lid and cook until soft.
- When they are cooked, add salt and ground black pepper and saute for 5 minutes or until the curry is dry.
- Remove from the flame and serve with rice or roti.
Do not add any water. Adjust the pepper powder and green chilli according to your taste.
Calories: 203kcal | Carbohydrates: 16g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 14g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 12mg | Potassium: 612mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 7g | Vitamin A: 4.9% | Vitamin C: 90.6% | Calcium: 3.1% | Iron: 6.1%