|Tomato Dal, Cabbage Moong Dal Curry & Drumstick Rasam |
If you are looking for more Dal Recipes then do check Chintakaya Pappu, Gujarati dal, Moong Dal Tadka, Lemon Onion Dal, Pumpkin Dal, Ash Gourd Dal, Cabbage Moong Dal Tadka and Dal Chenchki.
Andhra Style Tomato Pappu - Tomato Dal Recipe
Prep Time: 5 mins | Cook time: 20mins | Serves: 4
Author: Hari Chandana P
Cuisine: South Indian
Recipe type: Side dish
- 1/2 cup Toor Dal
- 1.5 cup Tomatoes, chopped
- 3 Green Chillies
- Tamarind small lemon size ball
- 1/2 tsp Red Chilli Powder or as needed
- 1/2 tsp Mustard Seeds
- 1/2 tsp Chanan Dal
- 1/2 tsp Urad Dal
- 1/4 tsp Cumin Seeds
- 1 Sprig Curry Leaves
- 2 Sprigs Coriander Leaves, finely chopped
- 1 Dried Red Chilli
- 1/4 tsp Turmeric
- 1/8 tsp Hing
- 2 tsp Oil
- Salt to taste
- Put the rinsed toor dal, chopped tomato, turmeric, green chillies and one cup of water in a pressure cooker and cook for 3 whistles.
- Switch off the flame and wait until the pressure go off.
- Soak the tamarind in water for 10 minutes. Squeeze the extract out of it and set aside.
- Add the red chilli powder, salt, tamarind extract and water (adjust to desired consistency) to the cooked dal and let it simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add the chopped coriander and combine well.
- Turn off the flame.
- Heat oil in a pan for seasoning. Add the mustard seeds, urad dal, chana dal and cumin seeds and let them splutter.
- Add the curry leaves, hing and red chilli and stir for a couple of seconds.
- Switch off the flame and add the seasoned ingredients to the prepared dal.
- Mix well and serve hot with rice or roti.
- Aratikaya Vepudu
- Ugadi Recipes
- Pesara Garelu
- Bellam Paramannam
- Potlakaya Perugu Pachadi
- Onion Tomato Red Chutney
- Pudina Millet Rice
- Wheat Coconut Cookies
- Chana Chaat
- Brinjal Sambar
- Paneer Pav Bhaji