- 1 1/2 cups All Purpose Flour / Maida
- 3/4 cup Sugar
- 1 cup Yogurt
- 1/2 cup Oil
- 1/2 tsp Baking Soda
- 1 1/4 tsp Baking Powder
- 1 tsp Vanilla Essence
- Sieve flour and set aside
- Preheat the oven to 200 degree C.
- Grease an 8" round cake pan with oil and set aside.
- Combine the yogurt and sugar in a mixing bowl and beat bell until sugar completely dissolves.
- Add the baking soda and baking powder to the yogurt mixture and mix well. Let it rest for 3 - 4 minutes. Add the vanilla essence and oil to it and mix well.
- Add the flour in 2 batches and gently fold the mixture until the batter shows no trace of flour. Don't overmix or overbeat.
- Pour this batter into the prepared cake tin.
- Bake in preheated oven at 200 degree C for 10 minutes, reduce temperature to 180 degree C and bake it for 30 - 35 minutes or till a toothpick inserted into the middle of the cake comes out clean.
- Brush the top of the cake with milk 8 - 10 minutes before the ending time to get a glaze.
- Allow the cake to cool down for 15 - 20 minutes and then invert.
- Let it cool completely and cut into pieces.
- Serve and enjoy!
Tags:eggless cake recipe,how to make sponge cake,easy eggless cake recipes,eggless vanilla cake recipe,no eggs no butter cakes,recipe for basic vanilla cake,eggless vanilla cake for beginners,step by step vanilla sponge cake recipe,eggless baking recipes,recipe of eggless cake,eggless baking for beginners, how to make eggless cake