Mamidikaya Pesara Pappu Pachadi Recipe
Prep Time: 5 mins | Cook time: 10 mins | Serves: 4
Author: Hari Chandana P
Cuisine: South Indian
Recipe type: Side dish
- 1/2 cup Split Yellow Mung Lentils / Moong Dal
- 1/2 - 3/4 cup Raw Mango, peeled & chopped (depends on the sourness of the mango)
- 4 Dried Red Chillies
- 1/2 tsp Cumin Seeds
- Salt to taste
- 1 tsp Oil
- 1/4 tsp Mustard Seeds
- 1/4 tsp Urad Dal
- 1 Sprig Curry Leaves
- 1 Dried Red Chilli
- 1.5 tsp Oil
- A pinch of Hing
- Heat a teaspoon of oil in a pan.
- Add the moong dal and roast continuously on a low flame till golden brown color.
- Then add the cumin seeds and roast for a few seconds.
- Transfer it to a plate and set aside.
- In the same pan, add and roast the red chillies for a few seconds.
- Let them cool completely.
- Grind the roasted moong dal and red chillies into a coarse powder.
- Then add the chopped mango and salt and grind it to a little coarse paste by adding water.
- Transfer the chutney into a bowl.
- Heat oil in a pan for seasoning.
- Add the mustard seeds and urad dal and let them splutter.
- Once the urad dal is brown, add the curry leaves, hing and red chilli.
- Immediately pour this over the ground chutney and combine well.
- Serve with hot steamed rice and ghee.
- Mango Pulusu
- Millet with Mango
- Mamidikaya Borugula Pulihora
- Kalchina Aratikaya Koora
- Potlakaya Perugu Pachadi
- Wheat Coconut Cookies
- Phool Makhane Ki Kheer
- Ulundu Kozhukattai
- Butter Cup Corn