What is Capsicum Senagapindi Kura?
It is an Andhra style of making a stir fry using bell peppers, besan (senagapindi), spices and curry leaves. It is a dry curry or sabzi, very similar to the Maharashtrian Capsicum Zunka where we use different spices.
I always try different recipes with capsicum as they are versatile and take lesser time to cook. The vegetable is also known as Shimla Mirch in India.
Is this vegan?
Yes, it is. Just skip using ghee while serving if you are vegan.
It goes well with rice and roti.
Tip to Make the Best Shimla Mirch Curry:
- Curry leaves will give the authentic flavor to the dish, try not to skip them.
- Do not skip hing, it improves digestion.
- Make sure you saute it well after adding the besan or gram flour. Otherwise, it will remain uncooked.
- Cook the veggie over a low flame and there is no need to add water. However, sprinkle a little water to prevent burning if needed.
More Recipes like this:
- Paneer Shimla Mirch Curry
- Dosakaya Koora
- Ponnaganti Senagapappu Kura
- Bhinda Sambhariya
- Gutti Dondakaya Ulli Karam
- Kanda Nimmikaya Curry
How to Make Capsicum Besan Curry Recipe below:
Capsicum Besan Curry Recipe
- 3 medium-sized Capsicum / Green Bell Pepper de-seeded & chopped
- 2 tbsp Besan / Chickpea Flour
- 1.5 tbsp Oil
- 1 Dried Red Chilli
- 1 Sprig Curry Leaves
- ½ tsp Mustard Seeds
- ½ tsp Chana Dal
- ½ tsp Urad Dal
- ¼ tsp Turmeric Powder
- ½ tsp Red Chilli Powder or as needed
- Salt to taste
- A pinch of hing
- Heat oil in a heavy-bottomed pan. Add the mustard seeds, chana dal and urad dal and let them splutter.
- Add the broken red chilli, hing and curry leaves and fry for a couple of seconds.
- Then add the chopped capsicum to it and fry for a minute.
- Add salt and turmeric powder to it and mix.
- Reduce the flame to low. Cover the pan with a lid and cook until the capsicum pieces are soft.
- Now add the chickpea flour and red chilli powder and fry for 2 – 3 minutes. Adjust the salt and turn off the flame.
- Serve hot with rice and ghee.
Nutrition values are estimates only.