Hyderabadi Fine Biscuits – Flaky, sweet, crispy and delicious biscuits from Hyderabadi Cuisine. A great companion for your tea or coffee.
What are Fine Biscuits?
Fine Biscuit is a classic and popular cookie or biscuit from Hyderabadi Cuisine. They are sweet, crispy and flaky biscuits topped with granulated sugar. They are widely popular and available along with Osmania Biscuits in most of the Irani Cafes of Hyderabad.
What are the Ingredients?
I am using a ready-made puff pastry dough to make the traditional fine biscuits. So the ingredients are puff pastry, sugar and some flour to dust.
How long can you store Hyderabadi Fine Biscuit?
They will stay fresh for a couple of weeks if you store them properly in an airtight container.
Few More Eggless Cookies on the blog:
- Eggless Fruitcake Cookies
- Banana Oatmeal Choco Chip Cookies
- Condensed Milk Cashew Cookies
- Eggless Wheat Coconut Cookies
- Saffron Cookies
- Eggless Snowball Cookies
- Eggless Wheat Butter Cashew Cookies
- Nutella Sandwich Cookies
- Moon Biscuits
How to Make Fine Biscuits Recipe Video below:
Hyderabadi Fine Biscuits Recipe
- 1 unit Puff Pastry Sheet
- ¼ cup Sugar
- All Purpose Flour for Dusting
- Remove the pastry sheet from the refrigerator and thaw at room temperature for 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees C.
- Sprinkle the flour over the work surface and roll the pastry sheet into a log.
- Trim the edges and cut the log into 1 inch thick pieces.
- Roll out each piece into a little thick oval shape.
- Dip one side of the rolled dough into the sugar and gently press it down to coat with sugar.
- Place them on a baking tray and sprinkle a little sugar on top.
- Bake them in a preheated oven for 15 – 20 minutes or until the edges are golden brown color.
- Let them cool and store in an airtight container.