Lovely and delicious eggless cookies flavored with saffron and cardamom. These are so good with a cup of tea or coffee.
What are Saffron Cardamom Cookies?
Saffron cookies are one of the simple and mild butter cookies flavored with saffron and cardamom powder. They look so festive and perfect to bake during holidays and festivals such as Diwali and Christmas!
I have decorated them with almonds but pistachios or cashews can be used as well.
If you love vanilla flavor, add a few drops of vanilla extract or essence to the cookie dough to enhance the flavors.
Are these cookies eggless?
Yes, they are not made with eggs
How long can I store the unbaked cookie dough?
You can store in the refrigerator for 4-5 days or freeze it for about 2 months.
How long can I store baked cookies for?
Once the baked cookies are cooled down, transfer them in an airtight container or jar and store them for a week.
These are perfect for gifting during Diwali or Christmas.
They can also be enjoyed at any time of the year with a cup of coffee or tea.
Few more eggless baking recipes you’ll love:
- Biscotti Regina
- Eggless Fruitcake Biscuits
- Cherry Almond Cake
- Chocolate Blueberry Muffins
- Avocado Brownies
- Quinoa Banana Almond Muffins
- Mango Tutti Frutti Cake
- Cardamom Cupcakes
How to make eggless saffon cookies recipe below:
Eggless Saffron Cookies Recipe
- ½ cup Plain Flour / Maida
- 3 tbsp Unsalted Butter softened
- 4 tbsp Powdered Sugar
- 1 pinch Saffron Strands
- ½ tsp Cardamom Powder
- 1 tbsp Milk
- ⅛ tsp Salt
- Sliced Almonds for Garnish
- Soak the saffron in a tablespoon of hot milk. Crush it well and set aside.
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees C.
- In a bowl, add the softened butter and powdered sugar and mix well.
- Add the saffron milk and mix.
- Now add the flour and cardamom powder to the butter and mix everything to make a dough. The dough should very soft.
- Divide the dough into 10 round balls and flatten them with your palms to shape the cookies.
- Place them on a lightly greased baking tray spacing about 1 inch apart.
- Garnish the cookies with almonds.
- Bake them in the preheated oven for 15 – 20 minutes at 180 degrees C.
- Remove them from the oven and let them cool down for 2 – 3 minutes. Then place them on a wire rack and cool.
- They will be soft when taken out but will firm up once they cool.
- Store in an airtight container.
Nutrition values are estimates only.