Green Chutney Pulao Recipe – Healthy and flavorful Indian pulao made with mint and coriander chutney or leftover green chutney.
What is Chutney Pulao?
It is a wonderful and flavorful Indian mail course made with green chutney and vegetables. Green Chutney is an Indian condiment made with mint, cilantro, ginger, chillies and lemon. The leftover green chutney or fresh chutney can be used to make this delicious rice dish.
What goes well with Chutney Vegetable Pulao?
It can be served as it is or with onion raita, boondi raita and papads.
Is this pulav vegan?
Yes, it is vegan-friendly. But, serve it with plant-based yogurt.
if you are looking for more Indian rice dishes then do check the below recipes.
Few More Rice Recipes on the blog:
- Methi Millet Pulao
- Pudina Rice
- Chintapandu Pulihora
- Tomato Rice
- Avarekalu Chitranna
- Ava Pettina Pulihora
- Mangai Sadam
How to Make Green Chutney Pulao Recipe below:
Green Chutney Pulao
- 1 cup Basmati Rice
- ½ cup Mint Coriander Chutney
- ½ cup Green Peas
- 1 Cup Onion Sliced
- ½ cup Potato chopped
- ½ cup Tomato chopped
- 1 ¼ cups Water
- 2 Cardamom
- 2 Cloves
- 1 Bay Leaf
- ¼ tsp Turmeric Powder
- Red Chilli Powder as needed
- Salt to taste
- 3 tbsp Oil
- Soak rice in water for 30 minutes. Drain water and set aside.
- Heat oil in a pressure cooker and add the cumin seeds, bay leaf, cloves, cinnamon and cardamom.
- When they are brown, add sliced onions and fry until transparent.
- Then add the coriander mint chutney and fry for few minutes.
- Add chopped vegetables, turmeric, red chilli powder and salt and combine well.
- Now add the soaked rice and fry for a minute.
- Add water and pressure cook for 3 – 4 whistles.
- Serve hot with raita.
Nutrition values are estimates only.
Chutney Pulao Recipe with Step by Step Photos:
- Wash and chop the vegetables into pieces and set aside until use.
- Wash basmati rice with plenty of water and soak for 3o minutes. Drain water completely and set aside.
- Heat oil in a pressure cooker or pressure pan and add cumin seeds, cloves, cardamom, cinnamon and bay leaf.
- Saute them to a brown color.
- When they are browned and fragrant, add the sliced onion and saute for a couple of minutes or until translucent.
- When it is done, add green chutney and fry for few minutes.
- Add vegetables, turmeric, red chilli powder and salt and combine well.
- Then add the soaked rice and saute for a minute.
- Add 1 ¼ cups water and pressure cook for 3 – 4 whistles.
- Serve hot with plain yogurt or raita.