Ponnaganti Aaku Koora Podi Recipe
Hari Chandana P
Prep Time: 5 mins | Cook time: 15 mins | Serves: 4 Indianside dish
- 4 cups Water Amaranth Leaves / Dwarf Copperleaf / Ponnagannai Keerai, chopped
- 1 Onion, sliced
- 1/2 tsp Mustard Seeds
- 1/2 tsp Urad Dal
- 1/2 tsp Chana Dal
- 1/4 tsp Turmeric Powder
- 1 to 1.5 tbsp Oil
- Salt to taste
For Curry Powder:
- 1 tsp Coriander Seeds
- 2 tsp Chana Dal
- 1 tsp Urad Dal
- 3 Dried Red Chillies or as needed
- 1 tbsp Dry Coconut
- 1/2 tsp Oil
- To make the curry powder, heat 1/2 tsp of oil in a pan and add the coriander seeds, chana dal, urad dal and fry them on a medium flame till they are golden brown color.
- Remove them from the pan and set aside to cool.
- In the same pan, add and fry the red chillies for a minute and set aside.
- Heat a tablespoon of oil in a pan and add the mustard seeds, chana dal and urad dal and let them splutter.
- Add the sliced onion to it and fry until translucent.
- Then add the wet leaves, salt and turmeric powder. Saute for a minute and cover it with a lid.
- Let it cook completely.
- Meanwhile, grind the roasted ingredients, roasted chillies and dry coconut into a powder.
- Add this powder to the cooked curry and mix very well. Adjust the salt and turn off the flame.
- Serve hot with rice or roti.
You might also like to check these recipes: