Saag Aloo Recipe – A simple Indian curry prepared with spinach, potatoes and some spices.
How to Make Saag Aloo Recipe – This is a super delicious, healthy, easy and vegan Indian curry made with spinach, potatoes and some Indian spices. This curry is so popular in UK, Spain and some other counties in Europe and we see this dish in most Indian restaurants.
This Aloo Saag tastes great with rice, roti or naan.
Few More Curry Recipes on the blog:
- Aloo Palak Gravy
- Shahi Paneer
- Paneer Capsicum Curry
- Carrot Methi Curry
- Rajma Palak
- Paneer Palak Bhurji
- Kadai Paneer
- Mathanga Thoran
How to Make Saag Aloo Recipe:
Saag Aloo Recipe - Spinach and Potato Curry Recipe
How to Make Saag Aloo Recipe - A super quick, easy, healthy and vegan Indian curry made with spinach, potatoes and some Indian spices.
- 2 cups Cubed Potatoes
- 2 cups Chopped Spinach
- 1 Onion medium sized
- 2 – 3 Green Chillies
- 2 Dried Red Chillies
- 1 tsp Coriander Powder
- ½ tsp Cumin Powder
- ¼ tsp Turmeric Powder
- ½ tsp Mustard Seeds
- ½ tsp Cumin Seeds
- 2 tbsp Oil
- Salt to taste
- 1 tbsp Lemon Juice or as needed (optional)
- Heat oil in a pan and add the mustard seeds and cumin seeds.
- When the seeds stop popping, add the slit green chillies and red chillies and fry for a couple of seconds.
- Add the chopped onion and fry until translucent.
- Add the coriander powder, cumin powder, turmeric, spinach and potatoes and combine well.
- Saute well for a couple of minutes.
- Sprinkle little water, cover and cook for sometime till they get cooked.
- Turn off the flame.
- Finally, add the lemon juice and give a nice stir.
- Serve hot with roti or rice.
Calories: 142kcalCarbohydrates: 17gProtein: 3gFat: 7gSodium: 24mgPotassium: 557mgFiber: 3gSugar: 1gVitamin A: 1475IUVitamin C: 20.5mgCalcium: 53mgIron: 4.3mg
Nutrition values are estimates only.
Tried this recipe?Mention @iamharichandana or tag #blendwithspices!
You might also like to check these recipes:
- Ragi Roti
- Lachko Dal
- Moong Dal Tadka
- Pudina Rice
- Sago Vadiyalu
- Paneer Pav Bhaji
- Bhutte Ka Kees
- Millet with Raw Mango
- Diwali Recipes (100+ recipes)
Diane R. says
I do not have any mustard seeds. What can I substitute for them ? I have “wet mustard” ( meaning prepared in a jar). Could I use that ? And if so… how much would I use ?
Hari Chandana Ponnaluri says
Hi, you can omit mustard seeds if you don’t have them.