Aloo Allam Pachimirchi Koora is a simple and traditional potato curry made with fresh ginger and green chillies from Andhra. This is one of the easy and delicious potato curry recipes. Also, this curry is perfect during festival days as this is a “no onion no garlic recipe”. You can also make plantain or raw banana curry in the same way. If you are looking for more Andhra recipes then check the below recipes.
Few More Andhra Recipes on the blog:
- Gongura Pappu
- Gutti Dondakaya Ulli Karam
- Gutti Vankaya Koora Podi
- Dondakaya Kobbari Vepudu
- Mullangi Pachadi
- Kalchina Aratikaya Koora
- Gummadikaya Pindi Miriyam
- Senagapappu Payasam
- Sorakaya Palu Posina Kura
How to Make Aloo Allam Pachimirchi Kura Recipe Below:
Aloo Allam Pachimirchi Koora - Potato Curry with Ginger & Green Chillies
- 3 Potatoes
- 1 ½ inch piece Ginger
- 4 Green Chillies or as needed
- ¼ tsp Turmeric Powder
- ½ tsp Mustard Seeds
- ½ tsp Urad Dal
- ½ tsp Chana Dal
- 1 Sprig Curry Leaves
- 1 tbsp Oil
- 1 Dried Red Chilli
- Salt to taste
- Cut the potatoes into half and pressure cook for 3 – 4 whistles.
- Peel and chop the cooked potatoes into cubes and set aside.
- Crush or grind the ginger and green chillies into a little coarse paste.
- Heat oil in a pan, add mustard seeds, urad dal and chana dal and let them splutter.
- When the seeds stop popping, add the curry leaves and red chilli and fry for a couple of seconds.
- Add the potatoes, salt and turmeric powder and mix everything until well combined.
- Then add the ginger – chilli paste and fry for a couple of minutes.
- Remove from the flame and serve hot with rice or roti.
Nutrition values are estimates only.